Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan

Hello family, friends, and everyone else :)
For those who don't know, I'm currently living in Okinawa, Japan. Today the country of Japan suffered a great earthquake of a magnitude 8.8-8.9 as many of you are aware and 7th largest ever recorded for those who didn't know. It happened in the region of Honshu, Japan which is Northeastern Japan (we are in the Southeast). We were not hit directly here on Okinawa but we have all been affected by this. Most of the Pacific is currently under tsunami warning including Japan, Guam, Russia, Taiwan, Hawaii, US, Canada and of course many other countries and islands. Also Japan is under a nuclear emergency which is a little scary. I'll update as much as I can from what I hear. There is no recorded death toll at this moment because the numbers keep rising, but last I read it was about 60 with many more still missing. :(
I have recorded some video of a Japanese news station's live footage of the earthquake and tsunami. It is so scary to see this and mind you this mild footage.
Please keep everyone over here in your prayers. ♥


♥ Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment